The organizing Committee is offering 5 registration grants:
- the grant will allow full access to the workshops and conference
(but not to the banquet)
- to submit for these grants please send a CV and a motivation
letter to the
The subject of this email
must be: IROS: Grant submission . Please respect this
syntax as an automata process all the receiving mail and redirect it
to the persons in charge
- grants are reserved for non-registered participants
NSF Travel Grants
The National Science Foundation provides travel funds to assist US researchers to participate in the 2008 IEEE/RSJ IROS.
The purpose of this Group Travel Grant Proposal is two-fold:
- To assist US participation in this conference,
- To stimulate collaborations between help US researchers and their international colleagues.
To be eligible for travel support, applicants should be
- 1. Authors or co-authors of papers that have been accepted for
presentation at iros 2008;
- 2. Registered participants of iros 2008;
- 3. Currently affiliated with an academic institution within the u.s.
PDF of travel grant application form
Eligible applicants will be required to fill in a one-page application form where the source of the support (NSF) will be explicitly stated. A completed form should include the following information:
For student applicants, a certification by the corresponding graduate advisor that the student is currently enrolled will be needed.
- 1. Full name, affiliation, mailing address, e-mail;
- 2. Paper number (if known), title, author list;
- 3. The name of the presenter of the paper;
- 4. The paper's session title or the technical area of interest within
which the paper falls in;
- 5. The expected impact of the conference participation on his/her
- 6. An estimate of the airfare;
- 7. The available NSF funded travel money for 2007 if any;
- 8. A list of any other additional funding that he/she may
have available for travel.
Completed forms will be sent by e-mail, fax, or regular mail to the Evaluation Committee Chair (details found on form ).
The application form must be submitted by July 15, 2008 .